Meeting was scheduled to start at 6:30 PM. It started at 6:45 PM
- Commander Hoff informed us of the current Prostitute/John details. (2 per month)
- Chief Sheppard updated us on Cameras. (Proposals out look for late September or early October.
- Mike needs court docket to list on our web page arrests for prostitu so people can get this information. (It may help as a deterrent)
1. Warnings – "stops" for johns with known prostitutes
2. Legalization of prostitution
3. How do you do the “Bill Board” concept? (sending the right message)
4. Education for prostitutes - where they can go to get out of the lifestyle
5. Private fund for two police & a car to cover an area. (Not part of regular budget)
7. Photos online of plate numbers/johns in cars with known prostitutes
8. Ankle bracelets for prostitutes released from previous night's arrest
9. Health Department - currently involved with the LA230 group - FYI - The next meeting of the 230 Group will be at 5:30pm September 12, 2007 at Charles St. Settlement House.
10. Parade to show the neighbor united
11. City channel 12 - post arrested johns face and bio/info to embarrass them/deter from recidivism
12. Phone tree (Neighborhood Watch)
13. Pac-Tac - need more boots on the ground
14. Education for johns - what they are doing to our neighborhood and to their loved ones
15. Compound for those who continue to spread diseases like AIDS/etc (actually happened in other countries - look it up)
16. Put names/addresses in paper - Not only D&C
17. Hot line # - Chief said for dispatch it may not be acceptable (Duplicate 911)
18. Live camera on Lyell/McNaughton and/or other "hot spots"
19. Vigilantes (this idea was not encouraged!)
20. Use ugly undercover decoys for John details (so they could blend in better)
21. Youth (young adults 16yrs+) involvement - drivers with extra sets of eyes to text message and use camera phones, perhaps for school credit/public service hours
22. Change laws - make prostitution have harsher penalties
23. Check history - what has worked in other areas (city and county)
24. Use businesses/churches for help
25. Police support - more arrests, quicker response times
26. Reports need to be generated for all quality of life nuisance calls (Crime information dispersed more timely to LONA - track patterns earlier, notify area/street's residents)
27. Sue RPD
28. Net support
29. Support anonymity (as to who called)
30. Beautify neighborhoods
31. Occupy vacant houses - owner occupied housing encouraged
32. County funds available to help our efforts
33. Promote overall education in our neighborhood
Next meeting September 10, 2007 from 6 to 7 PM before our Regular LONA Meeting.
Come with your VISION of what our neighborhood should be when we are done.
What does Lyell-Otis look like at "the end"?